Switching from Sodium Hypochlorite to TCCA
Fungicides are used in our immediate surroundings, for example, in the public facilities (swimming pool, and so on) and in homes. Epidemic outbreaks in recent years raise people's awareness of hygiene management.
We are concentrating on TCCA which is safer and has many advantages. Below is a table that compares TCCA with sodium hypochlorite which is now used widely.
|Sodium hypochlorite||Trichloroisocyanuric acid
|Effective chlorine||Approx. 12%||Approx. 90%|
|Appearance||Pale greenish yellow||White|
/ bactericidal efficacy
|Strong due to residual chlorine
|Extremely strong due to residual chlorine
|Solubility||Soluble, because it is liquid.||Completely soluble in water|
|Effect duration||The amount of decomposition of residual chlorine by ultraviolet is big.||The amount of decomposition of residual chlorine by ultraviolet is very small.|
|Storage||Not suitable for long storage due to its highly-volatile characteristic.||Can be stored for long periods by storing in a cool and dark place|
As you can see in the above comparison table, TCCA has 7.5 times effective chlorine of sodium hypochlorite and can be stable and stored for long periods. So TCCA has a cost advantage.
Recently, the standard of living has improved in Asian countries due to the economic development.
With this, the new viruses and epidemic become epidemic. Therefore, the awareness of hygiene management is increasing.
In this situation, we look forward to the spread of TCCA which is safer and has many advantages.
Characteristics of TCCA
- Effective chlorine
Sodium hypochlorite 12% Trichloroisocyanuric acid 90%
Sodium hypochlorite is unstable, so its aging is intense.
On the other hand, TCCA does not decrease effective chlorine even if it is normally kept for 1 year.
- At the time of use, TCCA has less decomposition consumption of residual chlorine due to ultraviolet rays than soda hypochlorite and the disinfection effect persists.
- TCCA is a solid agent, so it scarcely scatters drugs when working compared to liquid sodium hypochlorite.
- Effective chlorine: about 90%
- Color / shape: white / granule
- Sterilizing power ... It has very strong bactericidal power by residual chlorine
- Solubility: completely soluble in water
- Sustainability: Decomposition consumption of residual chlorine by ultraviolet ray is very small
- Storage: Long-term preservation in cool dark place storage possible
Example of use
- Tap water treatment
- Water quality management of the pool
- Maintenance of the septic tank
- Sewage water treatment
- Aquaculture pond
- Food related
- Various industrial chemicals
※You can use it in various scenes of daily life.
※Compared with sodium hypochlorite, there are many advantages, so on this occasion